10 January 2016

First run of 2016 in Park Connector

Yesterday morning, my wife and I went to the Punggol Park Connector to explore the running route near our home. To my surprise, we need to walk or jog to a nearby entry point of the Park Connector in order to run inside the connector. This is about 1-2 km away from our home and by the time we reach there, there is no proper walkway for us to go down to the connector. We need to walk down from a slope. I suppose this is not the correct entry point to the connector.

Then I was thinking, those who live nearby the connector, there is no alternative route for them to run or cycle in the connector if their home is not close to the proper entry point. They have to go through one big round in order to get in, which I feel is not being organised at all. First of all, if there is an emergency, the runner or cyclist had to evacuate to the nearest entry point in order to get out of the connector. I'm not sure is there a guide for those who want to be exercise in the connector, to tell them where are the proper entry or exit point. In this way, he or she will be more informed and planned their running or cycling route. If you happened to know, please send me a message and let me know so that I won't be so lost next time. Nevertheless I still enjoy the scenery during our run.

No comments:

Post a Comment