01 February 2015

An evening with AK71

Yesterday night, together with 2 of my ex-colleagues, we went to International Plaza to have an evening with AK71, the famous blogger of A Singaporean Stockmarket Investor (ASSI). It was a fantastic evening for me and my ex-colleagues. We learn alot of insights and personal financial advice from AK71 and also with 3 of his guest speakers, Sean Seah (From Value Investing), Rusmin and Victor (From Fifth Person).

I also purchased a book from Sean Seah, Gone Fishing with Buffett at a discount price of $12 and also an autograph from him. That's a best buy for me I think for this year so far. I am reading the book and was really enlightened on the concept by Sean Seah on Value Investing. He wrote his real story on how he start investing, how he fall and till he met someone who shown him the route to success on Value Investing. I really enjoyed reading it and adopt the strategies that was written on the book.

Beside reading the book from Seah Seah, AK71 also give me an idea of looking for undervalue stock or at a discounted price which we can potentially made a hefty sum of money out of it. But to look for undervalue stock, it takes some studies and calculation to find it. A simple strategy is to look at the Net Asset Value (NAV), if the stock is trading below the NAV. It is considered cheap and if the stock can reward you with 5 to 7% dividend yield, that is even better. Hence I will adopting both AK71 and Sean Seah' strategies on my route to financial freedom which I believe it is achievable. Hopefully I can shorten my retirement plan earlier which I had stated in my previous post to be age of 55.

No comments:

Post a Comment